Avvo.com is best known for their lawyer reviews covering 97% of all attorneys in the United States, but they also offer many legal services at various fees. Legal Zoom also offers many legal services with an experienced lawyer for differing fees with prices starting at $39. FindLaw offers legal services that start as low as $9.99 per month for many types of legal issues. Nolo is best known for their great legal books and publications. Their website offers books and forms at great prices.
Covered in this report
Includes a lawyer search section and has reviews for 97% of all lawyers licensed in the United States.
Avvo.com Advisor is a simple and affordable way for anyone to get legal advice in just 15 minutes.
Best for: Those that are searching for a local lawyer and or would like a quick answer to their legal issues at an affordable price including filing for an uncontested divorce for $995.
Legal Zoom offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Offers a prepaid legal 30 minute consultation starting at $9.99 per month plus they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Best for: Customers looking for a consultation with an attorney for a low monthly rate.
They are owned by Thompson Reuters and is one of the top online sources for free legal information with more than 8 million visitors to their website each month.
They also carry many types of legal forms that start at a price of $14.95.
Best for: Customers that are looking for legal help and legal articles.
Nolo is best known for all of their legal publications and books.
In addition to their great legal ebooks and books, they also sell many types of legal forms on their website.
Best for: Customers that are looking for legal books in many different categories.
Avvo.com was founded by a tech savvy lawyer in Seattle, Washington. Founder Mike Britton wanted a way to make finding a lawyer easier and help everyone with the law and legal problems.
Most people think that Avvo.com just shows client reviews of lawyers, but they offer much more including the following:
- 97% of all lawyers in the United States are rated by Avvo.com, and this includes ratings, reviews and possible problems with a lawyer like disciplinary notices.
- Avvo.com Advisor is a simple and affordable way for anyone to get legal advice in just 15 minutes.
- Avvo.com has 9.6 million searchable legal questions and answers. You can post your legal question for free from multiple experienced lawyers that will answer your question within a couple of hours. You can also search for similar questions and the answers that have previously been given.
- Talk to a Lawyer Now is a great feature with an average wait time of only 8 minutes to talk to a lawyer.
- Create a Form allows you to get started on your own legal documents.
- Choose a legal service and work with an experienced lawyer for a fixed price.
Avvo.com Legal Help Categories
Avvo.com offers legal help from qualified lawyers at a fixed price in the following categories:
- Business: Helps with starting a business, contracts, running a business, agreements and employment and labor.
- Family: Prenuptials, divorce, separation and child custody.
- Immigration: Citizenship, naturalization, permanent residency and green cards.
- Bankruptcy and Debt: Help with filing a bankruptcy, chapter 7, chapter 13, credit reports, foreclosure and credit repair help.
- Criminal Defense: DUI help, traffic and speeding tickets, criminal records, drug possession and domestic violence.
- Landlord and Tennant: Eviction notices, lease notices, tenant rights and landlord responsibilities.
- Employment and Labor: Help with employment contracts, wages and benefits, NDAs and wrongful termination.
- Real Estate: Commercial real estate, landlord and tenant and residential property.
- Estate Planning: This important category includes living wills, last wills, trusts and power of attorney documents.
Avvo.com Legal Forms
Avvo.com provides customers with many types of legal forms. Their most popular forms include:
- Business forms, templates and sample letters
- Estate planning forms, templates and samples
- Real estate forms, templates and sample
Customers can browse and find lawyers through the following categories:
- Browse lawyers by practice area
- Find lawyers by city
- Browse lawyers by state
- Find a lawyer by name
- Research legal topics
Avvo.com Legal Service Prices
Many of the searches and lawyer reviews on Avvo.com are free, but they also offer great legal services. They offer many types of legal services with a wide choice of prices for those looking for legal advice including the following services and prices:
- 15 to 30 minute employment and labor advice session costs $39 per a 15 minute phone call. Customers can ask questions and get qualified advice from a local and experienced lawyer concerning any employment and labor issue. Prices can also go as high as $295 for a confidentiality agreement. There are many other services including non-disclosure agreements and employee offer agreement.
- Business LLC help starts at $39.00 for business advice to $595.00 to start a single member LLC.
- An uncontested divorce can be filed for $995. They also offer many other divorce, child custody, pre and post nuptial contracts and separation filings for various prices.
- Estate Planning starts at $99 for document review and power of attorney and goes to $895 for creating a living trust.
- A 15 minute landlord / tenant session costs $39 and goes to $139 for a document review. This is most likely best for landlords and not tenants.
All of their advice starts in each legal category starts at $39 for a minute session and goes up from there for more legal services.
Legal Zoom was founded in 2001 by attorneys Robert Shapiro, Eddie Hartman, Brian Lee and Brian Liu. Their vision was to form an easy to use online service for people to create their own legal documents.
Legal Zoom Features
Legal Zoom has many different legal services and legal help available on their website that include:
- Get professional legal and tax help.
- Help with choosing the right structure for your business.
- Keep your business in good standing with their compliance calendar.
- Establish ownership of all of your work with patents and copyrights.
- Decide who will inherit your assets.
- Help with making your health care decisions in advance.
- Create the best residential lease.
- Make sure you protect your pets naming someone to care for your pets.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Their website also offers a great knowledge base, legal help articles, and business resources, compare different business structures, compare wills and trusts and compare trademarks and copyright help.
Legal Zoom Legal Services
Legal Zoom includes numerous legal services; here is a list of their most popular legal services that they offer:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC): Help with forming an LLC for your business.
- Trademark: Get copyright protection for your business name, log and trademark for the entire United States.
- Wills and Trusts
- Last Will
- Corporation: Protect your assets and strengthen your business’ reputation.
- Legal Plans: Get expert advice from attorneys for one flat fee. This plan covers everything from contracts to trusts.
- Legal Forms
- Talk to a lawyer
Legal Zoom Prices and Plans
Legal Zoom offers several pricing plans for each of their legal services. Their website gives detailed information for everything you will receive under each plan. A few of their plan prices include:
- LLC pricing: To start an LLC, they offer several plans starting with the Basic plan at a cost of $149. They also have a Standard plan for $289 which includes perks and faster service or their Express Gold plan for $359 for an expedited service. All plans include state filing fees.
- Prepaid Legal Plans: These plans offer an unlimited 30 minute consultation for new legal matters for a monthly fee. The Basic Advantage Pro plan starts at $23.99 per month and the Legal Advantage Plus plan starts at $9.99 per month.
- Wills and Trusts: Their last will and testament plan currently costs $149 and their living trust plan currently costs $299. Both plans include attorney advice for 1 year.
- Trademark: This plan is great for anyone that needs to protect their business logo and business name. Prices start at $199 plus federal filing fees.
- Form a Corporation: This plan will help all business owners form a corporation, an S or C corporation with prices starting at $149 plus state filing fees.
Legal Zoom has been written up in Forbes and the Wall Street Journal.
Legal Zoom Coupons
FindLaw was founded in 1995 by two lawyers with an idea to compile a list of legal resources to help everyone. Going online first in 1996, they offered a mix of cases, statutes, legal news, and a lawyer directory. Today they are owned by Thompson Reuters and is one of the top online sources for free legal information with more than 8 million visitors to their website each month.
FindLaw Legal Services
FindLaw offers hundreds of helpful legal articles on their website in the following main categories:
- Learn About The Law contains articles like DUI, accidents and injuries, employment law, real estate law, bankruptcy, immigration law, family law, Social Security and retirement planning, wills and trusts, elder law, military law and much more.
- Find a Lawyer helps everyone to find the right lawyer for their situation. You can search lawyers by legal issues, location, top cities or by state.
- FindLaw Answers is a great forum to ask a question and get answers or to read other answers for legal issues that are similar to your own legal issues. These forum categories include bankruptcy and debt issues, consumer issues, criminal law, employment law, family law, immigrations, injuries including accidents and work, landlord and tenant law, small business and many other topics.
FindLaw Legal Forms and Prices
FindLaw sells all types of legal forms that customers can search by category and state including:
- Landlord / tenant forms
- Real estate forms
- Business formation forms
- Going to court forms like small claims
- Wills and estates
- Family law including separation agreements and divorce
- Debt and finance forms including debt collection forms and promissory notes
Most of their legal forms start at a price of $14.95.
Nolo is a subsidiary of Internet Brands, which is the integration of the legal sites of Nolo.com, DivorceNet.com and AllLaw.com. Nolo has been publishing legal self-help guides and books since 1971.
Nolo Legal Books
Nolo is probably best known for all of their excellent legal books that they publish and sell. They offer thousands of do-it-yourself legal products such as online documents, legal forms, books, ebooks and software.
Customers on Nolo can search by products in the following legal issue categories:
- Accidents and injuries
- Business formation
- Debt and credit repair
- Elder care
- Criminal law
- Employment and HR
- Family and parenting
- Intellectual property
- Landlord / tenant
- Leases and rental agreements
- Legal research
- Marriage and domestic partnerships
- Name change
- Personal finances
- Non profits
- Power of attorney
- Small claims and lawsuits
- Consumer protection
That is just an example of all of the legal subjects that their books cover. Many of their books start as low as $14.95. Customers can usually buy their books in ebook form or a printed book. Their books have been written by legal expert attorneys.
Nolo Legal Services
In addition to all of their great legal publications, Nolo also has other legal services on their website, like their find a lawyer section. They have a large selection of legal issues for those looking for an attorney in all types of categories. Once you select the legal issue you are looking for, you can then narrow the search to your state.
Each selection will consist of lawyers in the legal specific category and provide a biography of each lawyer including any disciplinary issues. A small example of legal categories you can search for a lawyer include:
- Airplane business transactions
- Commercial real estate
- Debt settlement
- Employment lawyers
- Green card
- Landlord and tenant
- Intellectual property
- Overtime pay
- US citizenship
- Sex crimes
- Wrongful termination
That is just a small list of lawyer specialties that you can search for, all for free.
Nolo also carries a huge selection of legal articles that can help anyone find a solution for their legal problems including tips in how to find the best lawyer for your legal situation.
All of the above companies have very good customer comments on the internet, rating 8 out of 10 stars or higher. They have all been written about in various legal, business and financial magazines and websites.
Find coupons for services like LegalZoom at PromoCodeWatch and other top coupon sites.